3 PRIZES and 3 MENTIONS
The jury met on Friday 13 May 2022 just before the official opening of Ceramic Art Andenne.
It was composed of :
- Mr Youngmoo CHOI from the Gyeonggi Museum of Contemporary Ceramic Art in Korea,
- Ms Caroline Andrin, ceramist and head of the ceramic workshop at La Cambre,
- Ms Claudia Casali, Director of the Museo Internazionale delle Ceramiche in Faenza,
- Ms Andreia Vale Lourenco, responsible for the “Ceramic Biennials” in Aveiro,
- Mr Valentins Petjko, from Latvia International Ceramics Biennale.
After having seen the files and documents, the committee deliberated and selected for :
The GRAND PRIX CERAMIC ART ANDENNE 2022 – Nathalie DOYEN (B)
For her authentic approach to the clay,
for the richness and multiplicity of her points of view,
for her evolution, and for her humility contrasting with the high quality of her work. The best in her category “MADE IN…”.
The CERAMICS PRIZE – Yves MALFLIET (B)
For his bright colours, the originality of a style that he has made his own,
For his mix of past and present, sculpture and ceramics,
The best in its category “VISIONS”.
The YOUNG CERAMICS PRIZE – Aster CASSEL (Fr)
To support a young artist in whom he sees great potential,
For her ceramics which invite to an imaginary journey
For the story that his particular graphics tell like a movie filled with different cultural references or like the carousels of his childhood.
3 MENTIONS :
The jury also wished to award 3 mentions in order to salute the work of 3 artists that it particularly appreciated for their technical and aesthetic qualities and for their talents:
– Simcha EVEN-CHEN (IL)
– Fabienne WITHOFS (B)
– Ming-Miao KO (TW)
Congratulations to all these artists !
Photo front : Nathalie Doyen (B)